Guest post from the ANZ Grad Program Manager
name is Jenny Macdonald and I am the
Graduate Program Manager for ANZ. I have been working in the Graduate world for the past 5 years and believe me, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to Graduate Program applications!
Here are a few simple tips for a successful application that I hope will assist you not only when applying for Graduate Programs but for any type of job:
- Double, triple and quadruple check your application for correct spelling and grammar and that you have addressed the right company. Nothing worse than seeing an application come through full of spelling mistakes and addressing one of our major competitors!
- Customise your application. It’s easy to see those students that have applied for multiple Graduate Programs and have used a ‘one size fits all approach’ when pulling together their application.
- Do your research. It’s great to see when students have taken the time to find out about ANZ and reference key information in their application.
- Use your own words. Don’t ‘cut and paste’ information direct from the ANZ external website. We want to see how you can articulate the information that you have researched about ANZ.
- Include all relevant information about yourself. This doesn’t just mean your academic grades and work experience. We are looking for ‘well rounded students’ and want to hear all about the sports, volunteer groups, church groups, student societies etc that you have been involved with.
- Don’t rush your application - the ANZ application website allows you to start your application and come back to it at a later date to complete (if required) so there is no pressure to complete your application in one hit.
Wishing you all the best in your applications, I look forward to receiving them!